May has been such a fun, but such a busy month. With 4 kids in school and activities, and everything winding down and wrapping up this month, there are have been a lot of programs and parties and festivities to attend. But we like being busy, and feel blessed to be able to participate in so many activities. Here is a little taste of what we have been up to this month.
I got back from Women's Conference in time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo as a family. We had a yummy enchilada dinner (thank you Stouffers) and broke a pinata we had from last year that we stuffed with the kids leftover Valentine's and Easter candy. But it was a lot of fun -- I love making memories for my kids by establishing traditions based around minor holidays! Good times.
This is a picture Reagan drew of me -- I LOVE it!
Her wonderful teachers, Ms. Susan and Ms. Heather. It has been such a great year of school for Campbell. We are so sad that it has come to an end.
Two of my favorite days of the month were May 12th and May 13th -- Mother's Day and my birthday. My sweet family served me breakfast in bed, let me take a general break from my mothering and household duties, and showered me with love and gifts. I am very lucky to have the 5 best kids in the entire world! They are the best Mother's Day present/birthday present I could ever get.
Dinner on the deck -- it was a beautiful evening.
On my birthday, Cam and Cal and I met up with friends at a park for a picnic lunch and cupcakes. That evening my family and I had some delicious cheesecake from Costco. I love that we eat lots of calories on our birthday -- they don't count, right?
So many sweet cards and texts and phone calls -- I sure appreciated feeling loved.
May 14th was Campbell's last day of preschool. I can't believe how grown up my sweet Campbell is now!
Her class had a beach party for the last day, and her sweet teachers gave her a darling end of the year gift. She is going to miss going to school so much these next few months.
Bennett earned his Wolf Badge in Cub Scouts, just in time for his 9th birthday. He LOVES Cub Scouts, and I LOVE him!
That same day was the May/Summer Birthday celebration in Bennett's class. It was so fun to sing to Bennett and celebrate with his classmates.
Reagan's End-of-Year party was a whole lot of fun. Several water relays, and this fun trick of popping whip cream in their mouths! Reagan had a great time at the party -- and it was so fun that Sam and I got to be there for a bit.
This is one beautiful girl.
Reagan had her last Daisy activity that same afternoon. It has been such a fun year in Girl Scouts -- Reagan has loved her leader Kara and the other girls in the troop. We are looking forward to next year as well.
That night Reagan was promoted from the Ripples team to the Rapids team for our neighborhood swim team. It was a very big day for our sweet Reagan!
Ellery's end-of-year party was actually a bridal shower for her teacher, Miss Mundt, who is getting married this summer. There was cake and punch and flowers and balloons and decorations and then lots of presents from her registry. It was a lot of fun!
Friday the 24th was the last day of school. I made the kids get their pictures taken before they got on the bus, which is no small feat since they get on the bus by 6:55.
Can't believe this sweet boy is done with 3rd grade -- what a great year it has been!
Reagan -- my beautiful girl who is done with Kindergarten! Amazing how she has thrived this year!
My beautiful, beautiful Elle. Done with 4th grade -- just one more year of elementary to go!
Love my "big" kids so very much!
Running to the bus for the last time this school year -- so so ready for a break from waking up early.
The kids had a full day of school. Once they were home, we had a few friends from school and neighbor friends over for the slip and slide and sprinkler and food and fun. It was a great way to finish the school year.


































No comments:
Post a Comment