Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BYU Women's Conference

The first weekend in May I got to go to Utah for BYU Women's Conference.  Bless Sam's heart -- he took a couple of days off of work so I could travel completely kidless and have an uplifting and motivating and relaxing weekend.  My sweet parents flew me out as a joint/generous birthday and Mother's Day present, and what a present it was!  I left on Wednesday night and flew from Atlanta to Denver.  My layover in Denver was very short, but long enough to walk around the airport a bit and get emotional realizing how much I still miss living there.

 I landed in Salt Lake late Wednesday night, got a good night's rest at my parents house, and then Lisa and Mom and I headed down to Provo early Thursday morning.  It was a beautiful weekend in Provo -- Spring was in full bloom and it wasn't hot yet.

The theme for the conference was Doctrine and Covenants 100:12 -- "Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."  If I had just heard the opening speaker on Thursday morning, Sister Elaine Marshall, then attending the conference would have been worth it.  The message was just what I needed to hear at this point in my life, and I was so grateful to be there.  I wouldn't say I learned anything groundbreaking or earth-shattering during the two days.  But it was just filled with lots of reminders and spiritual impressions and encouraging thoughts.  And it was just so wonderful to have those two days with Lisa and Mom.  I hope we are able to do this many more times in the future.



 A highlight of Friday was spending a little time with Babette Hansen and Staci Cosby.  Staci was baptized last November, and I loved hearing her conversion story and how she went from thinking she would absolutely never ever become a Mormon to where she is today.  Being around Staci was inspiring!



 Friday night we had Mandarin takeout back in Bountiful.  Saturday morning we ran some errands in Bountiful -- Scout Store, Distribution Center -- things that are much easier to do in Utah than in Georgia.  Then I went downtown to Salt Lake with Mom and Dad and we had lunch and they showed me around City Creek.  How beautiful downtown Salt Lake is.  It was so wonderful to have that time with my parents.  They are so good to me and I am so grateful to be their daughter.







Love Utah.  Love BYU.  Love my parents.  Love Sam for making this weekend possible.  Love that I was so happy to be back to my sweet family.  Life is very good.

No comments: