4 Wilton cake decorating tips, 4 couplings, disposable decorating bags, Wilton Decorating frosting mix, Wilton frosting color gels: $15
Cake: Made from one of the 50 cake mixes I have in my basement. (If we ever have to rely on our food storage, our family will be eating a lot of cupcakes.)
Time spent: From 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Friday morning, from start to finish. Five hours.
State of my kitchen afterwards: Rather disasterous. Many dirty dishes. Counter dyed in several places from the gels and frosting.
Finished product:
Being able to say that I made Bennett's birthday cake myself: Totally not worth it. I am definitely buying a cake next year.

8 comments:
So cute Rach! You did a great job. I know what you mean about the cake mix food storage, we have a lot to. It's ridiculous, but every time cake mixes go on a good sale, I buy them. I guess it supports my cupcake baking habit, but still.
Cute cake! Way to go, Rach!
what a great cake!!! I am so impressed Rach.
Whatever! It's darling - way cuter than store bought and probably tastes better too!
You are so funny! I think it turned out great! But I can understand wanting to just buy one and not have to spend so much time on it. Very cute though!
This is so cute & what a fun party! You are so talented, I'm very impressed!
Really? I would think making cakes is right up your alley. It looks great like everything you do!
I am so impressed--what a great bash! I bet the kids loved the fireman visit and the fireman cake. Hope you put your feet up after that one!
Post a Comment