After dinner, the kids made Halloween masks.
Then they bobbed for apples as Mina and I dipped other apples (not the ones with the bites out of them!) in caramel.
Then the girls decorated the apples with mini chocolate chips, crushed Heath bars, and melted dark chocolate.
Then we carved the pumpkins. Reagan wanted to be in the thick of it all during the carving, which was cute yet difficult.



You may notice that Bennett is absent from these pictures. Although he did attend the party, he was in a bit of a sour mood, and chose not to participate in the activities.
On Saturday night, we crashed our old wards Trunk-or-Treat. Our new ward was doing nothing for Halloween this year, but leave it to the wonderful Grandview Ward to provide us with an alternative. We have a theme going this year with the kids costumes, which is largely because we had all of these costumes on hand. Elle is Princess Aurora, Bennett is Prince Phillip, and Reagan is the dragon. I love the idea of the Trunk-or-Treat: the kids hit 25 cars/people in like 10 minutes, get an adequate amount of candy, and then we can go home, without getting too cold or taking very long. We brought 4 bags of candy, and were cleaned out in about 20 minutes! I can't believe that I spent like $20 on candy last week. Not something I want to be spending money on. Sam manned the post at our car with Reagan (we were too lazy to actually decorate our trunk) while I took Elle and Bennett around. It was fun to see some old friends. We love the Grandview Ward!
Mom and Reagan
Eating some of the goods
Mom, Reagan, and our friends Becca and Luke Oliver

2 comments:
Don't you love Halloween! I totally agree with you on the Trunk or Treat. It is the only way to go with little kids. My kids couldn't even finish all our cars because they were too busy checking out what they got at the last car they were at. Your kids are so cute in their sleeping beauty outfits!
cute costumes!!! that looks so fun.
Post a Comment