Sam loves a good trip, and so usually he is always planning something or another. I'm not like that as much -- I like to stay at home. But the weekend after we got back from our Spring Break trip, I decided at the last minute to go up to Nashville to visit Mina. We hadn't seen each other for months and months, and it was high time we changed that. And it was the first weekend in a long time we didn't have anything going on, and every weekend after was busy, so it as then or never. I had to bring Will along (since he was still nursing), and so Elle got to come along to help me with him in the car. We drove up Friday after school, and came back Sunday after church, so it was short and sweet, but we packed in as much fun as possible and loved our time with the Jensen family.
Saturday we spent some time in exploring and eating our way through downtown Franklin. It is a beautiful town with so much history and character. Mina and her kids have landed in a beautiful place and it was fun to get to see more of it.
Ice Cream before lunch -- why not?! Elle asked for a photo of just her and her ice cream cone.
And then she wanted a photo during lunch of her and her sodo pop. She loved the eating out of the weekend. She was in heaven!
After lunch we stopped at another restaurant for dessert because we why not? These two cute girls have been friends since birth. Can't believe how grown up they are now.
Saturday night we got to go out with Mina's beautiful sister Meridith. She just had her fourth baby and we talked a lot about the joys and challenges of lots of little kids. It was so fun to be out with these sweet ladies.
And then we said our goodbyes and Elle and Will and I headed home. I got this picture from Sam on the drive home:
These cute kids survived the weekend with Dad just fine! It was a nice getaway for me, some fun quality time for Elle and I to have together, and everyone survived our absence. So grateful Sam encouraged me to go and spend that time with Mina. It was a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment