Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Another Catch-up Post/Photo Dump

It seems like that's all my blog is these days, yet I am grateful for a medium in which to keep a record of our sweet family.  

Reagan's choice for pajama day -- brown sweats and a Florida Gators shirt.  She has a drawer full of cute PJs, so I loved that she went with this.  I would have made Ellery change.  The fact that I just took a picture of Reagan and sent her on her way makes me feel good about myself.

We have a new niece!  Trent and Caroline had Cleo Caroline on March 13th!  So excited for them.  Wish we were closer to Vegas and could see this cute new baby girl in person.

Cal sleeping in his Buzz Lightyear wings.  We inherited a costume from some friends.  He has yet to put the entire thing on, but has warmed up to the wings and jet pack.

Reagan continues to use Photo Booth to take creepy pictures and strange videos!  We love this girl!

Pi Day -- 3/14.  It took me literally all day, but finally by like 10 pm I had a pie made for the family to eat.  These two were the only kids still awake!

6 Months Old Will -- 3/15!  We pulled out the Polo Blazer that all the boys have worn for their 6 months photos and he looked so super cute in it!  He wore shoes for the first time as well.  Fancy day for our darling 6 month-old.

Cam had to design a leprachaun trap.  I do hate these at home projects becuase I don't feel like I am very good at them.  But we came up with this idea and she was happy with it.  She wrote "Keep Out - My Gold" to lure them in, because she informed me they LOVE gold.  She even put some pennies inside.  Cute Cam.


Cal still asks to hold Will all the time, and now he asks me to take a picture of him each time he holds Will.  I like spending my days with these two while the big kids are at school.  Who would have thought that I would end up with two little boys as my cabooses?!

I'm still serving as the Bear Leader.  We took our Den to Home Depot to build a tool box, and it went so well we made a bird house as well!  Cute boys, and I love working with Suzanne!  She got baptized this month, and the kids and I sang at it.  It was a wonderful day.

This baby.  Love him so very much.  In the process of sleep training him.  It has been painful to let him cry, but he is so much happier when he gets a good nap and sleeps for a good long stretch at night.  He isn't consistently sleeping through the night every night, but it is getting a lot better than it was before I started letting him cry himself to sleep.  He is happier with more sleep, and so am I.

Reagan was the Spotlight in Primary.  She brought home her paper and I got a kick out of her answers.  She is still the WORST speller.  Not sure that will ever improve.  But hopefully you can tell that her favorite scripture story is Daniel in the Lions Den, her favorite prophet is ALL of them, her favorite thing to do with her family is play games on Sunday, favorite color is white, favorite food is Salmon, claims to not like any candy -- just apples or fruit snacks, and her hero is Jesus because He saved her from all her sins!  Oh how I LOVE my Reagan.

Campbell brought the Spotlight paper home the same day for us to fill out (not sure when Reagan filled hers out).  Her answers are equally cute, and completely her own.  I did not pay her to say I am her hero.  Pretty sure she is my only child out of six who would ever say that.  And that is why she is my favorite!!! Just kidding -- of course I don't have a favorite.

Six and a half months old, and already standing unassisted for short periods of time.  Why must they always grow up so fast?


Matt and Haley stopped by for a night on their way to Birmingham for a wedding.  We loved having them, and got some cute pictures of the kids with Siggy.  The dog is always a big hit.



Love these cute kids.  Will is old enough to take baths with the big kids now, and he LOVES it.
They tried putting the Bumbo in the bath and it would just float back to the top.  And now it is full of water.  Oh well.

Bennett is playing a season of flag football this Spring.  He is the Center, and he is really enjoying it, even though he is playing in the 11-14 year old division.



The Tranos went to Utah during their Spring Break trip!  They stopped by my parents house after much encouraging from me.  After a nice visit, my dad took them on a driving tour around Bountiful -- the Temple, Millcreek Jr. and Bountiful high, etc., and then took them to lunch at Pace's Dairy Ann.  The next morning my parents went into Salt Lake and me them at Temple Square for the Tabernacle Choir broadcast.  It made me so happy to think of Catie and her family in Utah seeing so many of my favorite things, and I was so glad they saw my parents since I couldn't be there to see them.

It is Spring here in Georgia!  I took the kids to the park on a Saturday afternoon and Elle and Bennett and Brinley and Kyla played tennis while the little kids and I played at the playground.  If it weren't for all the bees and hornets it would have been the perfect afternoon!


Justin and Brighton had a layover in Atlanta on their way home from a soccer camp in London.  We were able to meet up briefly for dinner.  It was short but totally worth it to get some facetime with them.  Sure love them and don't get to see them nearly enough.



 Will has officially been introduced to solids.  I put it off as long as possible because it is such a hassle -- way harder than just nursing.  But he has been very interested in foods lately and wants to nurse all the time so we figured we would give it a try.  It took him a few tries, but now he is eating a container of baby food a day, and seems to be enjoying it.  He prefers the orange hued veggies, like squash and carrots and sweet potatoes, just like all my other babies!  Or maybe I prefer them!



Bennett is such a big help to me with Cal.  We have been trying a new diet with Cal and have eliminated all food dyes, preservatives, artificial flavors and colors.  He is drinking organic milk.  Seeing if it makes a difference with his mood swings and anger and agressiveness.  Cal is definitely talking a lot more which seems to be helping his mood.  He can be so so cute and so fun.  And he can be so NOT cute.  Sigh.

 Reagan's school Spring picture.  I never buy school pictures here -- they are too darn expensive.  But Reagan really liked hers, so she asked me to take a picture of it.  She does look so old to me.  Sad I sent Bennett and Campbell's back before I got a picture of them.

Bennett had his last Pinewood Derby.  We enlisted the help of our Home Teacher this year because he is an expert and I was hoping Bennett would have a little taste of success before his Cub Scout days are over.  But even though we had help this time, and it seemed like Bennett might finally have a fast car, Sam was still trying to put the wheels on the car 10 minutes before check-in in the church parking lot.  And Bennett's car once again hobbled down the track each heat.  Benentt is such a good sport about it all.  And he and Sam had fun working on the car together.  I know that is all that matters.  And yet I still hate the Pinewood Derby.  So happy to have a break for a couple of years before this little guy turns 8:

 I left early with Cal because he was running all over and I was disgusted with the whole thing, so I didn't even get a picture of Bennett and his car.  So sad.  Farewell Pinewood Derby!

We continue to go to the Dr. way more than we ever used to.  This time Cam had been complaining of ear pain for a week so I finally took her in.  She had an external ear infection and get some drops.  She missed the whole day of school because once we got her to the dr and got her prescription filled, it was lunch time and she just wanted to come home.  Loved having her around.  We miss her when she is at school.  It is funny to me that when I go somewhere with these three, people think these are my only kids, and make comments to me about having my hands full.  They truly have no idea how full my hands are!


 I got to take Campbell and Reagan to Science Night at Settles Bridge.  Bennett has outgrown school activities and had no interest, so it turned out that we little girls and I had a fun mother/daughter date.



 The next night I had a mother/daugther date with Ellery and Reagan.  We met up with friends for dinner and Panera and then went to the church for the Women's Meeting Broadcast.  This was Reagan's first one since she just turned 8.  As we were driving to dinner, I was explaining to her my expectations for her behavior during the evening.  She let out a big sigh and said, "There are a lot of responsibilities when you are 8."  Yes there are!  But we loved having her with us.  A girl at church in her activity days group described Reagan as "the girl who is really playful!"  Such a sweet, positive way to describe my wild and crazy Reagan!

Elle had a campout with the Beehives at her YW president's home in prep for Girls Camp.  Can't believe this cute girl gets to go to her first year of camp in two months!!!!

Cal and his goggles.  He does make me smile sometimes!


 Another Cal holding Will picture.  These never get old, apparently!

 And at 6 and 1/2 months, this cute boy can officially sit up unassisted.  He makes me smile all the time!

Since Cal's birthday was last week, he finished up his in-home speech therapy and his OT (now he will go to the school for speech twice a week).  I didn't get a picture of Nickole unfortunately, but here is Cal with his OT therapist, Paton.  He was a nice guy, patient with Cal, and we will miss him.

We got to see Nayra!  She and her mom and dad came to Georgia for their Spring Break, and it was so fun to get to play with her one afternoon.  She and Reagan (and a little bit Campbell) had some time to play at our house. . . . .

 and then we met up with Elyse and the three girls all played together and had a picnic at the neighborhood park.  Reagan has really missed Nayra.  It was so fun to see her again.


 A couple of my sweet friends from Colorado sent me this Selfie Stick so I can get in the pictures more.  I thought it was such a sweet gesture, and am determined to use it even though I think it is a tad silly to do so!

 And last but not least, our sweet Campbell got married right before Spring Break.  Her class had their Q and U wedding on the last day before Spring Break, in which we weren't supposed to have school but then they had a snow-day make-up.  We were planning to already leave for our trip by then, but Cam wanted to stick around for the wedding, so we did and then left immediately after.  It was very cute, and even though Campbell had some wedding jitters the morning of, I think she was happy overall that she got to participate.

The grooms, or the Q's
 and the brides, or the U's

 The exchaning of the rings.


 The wedding procession!
 Our Blushing Bride!
 
 And so happy to have her siblings there (I love that she is showing off her ring!).  Campbell is a cutie!

And that was the month of March.  Boy life is busy and full of so many wonderful little moments.  We are truly so blessed with just the everday enjoyment of our lives.

No comments: