Campbell's graduation was on Wednesday, May 14th. Unfortunately that happened to be the same day as the 5th Grade Field Trip that I had agreed to chaperone. I had already paid my money months before we knew the date of Cam's graduation. But we were scheduled to be back from Chattanooga at 6:30, and graduation was at 7:00, so I was hopeful that it would all work out for me to attend both. But we left Chattanooga a little late, and our bus driver took us into the heart of Atlanta rush-hour traffic. At 6:45 pm we were down by Sam's work, and I had to admit that there was no way we were going to back in time. Grandma was in town, and she had taken Campbell early to get her in her robes and hat, but Sam was waiting at home to pick up Elle and I. I called him to send him so he wouldn't be late, and I was sobbing on that charter bus as I told him that we weren't going to be back in time and he should go without us. I was so sad to be missing out on Cam's big night, and I was worried she would be sad I wasn't there. But as you can tell from the pictures that Sam took for me, Campbell was all smiles all night and didn't seem phased at all by my absence. I wasn't there, so I can't provide much narration on the following photos, but I think they speak for themselves. I asked Sam to take a lot of pictures, and thankfully he obliged!

The procession!
Performing the musical numbers. Campbell loves singing and performing, and she did not disappoint that night.
Favorite picture of the evening, hands down. She is clearly singing this musical number with a bit more gusto than her male counterparts! She had been singing these songs around the house for a couple of months, so I can just hear her singing, "I am a Promise, I am a Possibility. I am a Promise, with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of Potentiality!" Love this little girl so very much!
This is Campbell telling everyone that she wants to be an animal doctor, or a vet, when she grows up.
Getting her diploma.
And moving their tassel over -- she is officially a Pre-K graduate!
Pretty sure she couldn't be any happier or any cuter about the whole thing. Darling little girl!
Even though I wasn't there, Campbell had Grandma and Reagan and Bennett and Dad and Cal there to cheer her on. Grandma got this cute picture of Cam and Reagan, with Bennett photo bombing with the Big Foot in the background.
It was rainy outside afterwards, but I'm glad Grandma took a couple of pictures of Cam in her dress. And when everyone got home from graduation, I was waiting there, excited to hear all about Cam's big night. Blurry, but grateful to have a picture of Campbell and me.
And so grateful Grandma was here to take my place. If I couldn't be there, Grandma is a pretty good substitute!
So excited for this cute girl to start Kindergarten in a few months. She is beyond excited, and completely ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment