Friday we pretended it was her birthday, since her actual birthday fell on a Sunday this year. The celebrations started with a new birthday outfit, which required some picture taking before she left for school that day.
Then I came to preschool at the end of the day to bring cupcakes so we could celebrate her birthday with her class.
After school the pseudo-birthday girl rested, since her birthday party was later that afternoon.
Ever since we had Reagan's party at Monkey Joe's last year, Campbell has been asking to have her party there this year. Thankfully I found another groupon and was able to make all her dreams come true. It really is such an easy way to do a birthday party -- as I gathered up the cupcakes and and goodie bags to take I kept thinking I must be forgetting something. But no -- it was such a nice change to have a party at a venue and have next to nothing to do to prepare for the party. We got there a little early and got everything all set up.
Campbell loved running around with all her cute buddies and seemed to be having a great time.
The party helper did a cute hand-print poster with all the guests, which was such a cute idea.
Campbell loved the attention. I couldn't keep Reagan out of the chair either -- she kept sneaking up there with Campbell, who was a very good sport.
Campbell loved everyone singing to her -- she seriously had the biggest smile on her face the entire time. Love how excited she was about her birthday -- cutest thing ever.
Of course, today was Campbell's actual birthday. It started with breakfast in bed. We have 9:00 church, so it was a simple breakfast of frozen waffles and strawberries and a yogurt drink, but she couldn't have been happier with the spread.
Cam wore a birthday badge to church, and we got some cute pictures of her afterwards -- my darling 5-year-old. Where did my baby girl go?
Then we opened presents.
She got a Lalaloopsy Playhouse, which she loved.
She also was very lucky and got quite a few more things for Caroline, her American Girl Doll. Grandma and Grandpa gave her a dress and Caroline's cat, Inkpot. Campbell was just a little bit excited about Inkpot!
Grammie and Grandpa gave her Caroline's winter coat and hat and her ice skates. So, so cute -- Campbell loves them.
And we gave her Caroline's travel basket, which includes a map and some fake food. So simple, ridiculously expensive for what it is, but this little girl wanted this basket so badly, and I think you can see on her face how happy she was she got it!
Elle gathered some fun things for Cam from her room, which Cam thought was pretty awesome! Cute sisters.
The Allens gave Campbell a darling new outfit. She can't wait to wear it.
Sam and I gave Campbell a backpack for Kindergarten. I cannot believe that she will be getting on the bus with the other kids this Fall. So crazy.
Then it was time for cake and ice cream. But since the cupcakes on Friday had not exactly been a hit with Campbell, we did birthday brownies instead of cake. They were better received by the birthday girl.
My Five Favorite Things about Campbell on the Occasion of her 5th Birthday:
1- Campbell truly is adorable. I know I have to feel that way, but everyone else does also. She is as cute as can be, so sweet and darling. Unfortunately she knows it! At Elle's birthday party Campbell introduced herself to the group by saying, "My name is Campbell and my mom thinks I'm cute and funny, and I know Ellery because I am cute and smart." She's got the darlingness down -- we just need to work on her humility now!
2- Campbell is smart. She loves to watch Reagan do her RAZ Kids, is constantly noticing how things are spelled, and is very aware of letters and words. I think she will pick up reading quickly if I ever sit down and actually work on it with her. She also still loves counting and numbers. She has a great memory. She wants to be with Reagan when she is doing her school work. It's cute to see how much she wants to be like Reagan and Elle and Bennett and how much she wants to learn.
3-- Campbell LOVES her siblings. She and Reagan are still so close -- the best of friends. They play so well together, and love sharing a room and being together. Elle adores Campbell -- Cam has her under her spell like everyone else I guess. Bennett and Campbell are also so close -- maybe from sharing a room in Colorado for a couple years. But the cutest thing to me right now is Campbell and Calvin. They are becoming the cutest little buddies. I think it is because of all the time they get to spend together, but they play great together. I love the friendship that is developing between them.
4- Campbell loves books and reading. She will not let me put her to bed at night without reading her at least one book. We've started reading the Caroline books, and she begs me everyday to read Caroline to her. Love that I have another budding bookworm.
5- Campbell is the cutest dancer. She is taking a ballet/tap combo class this year, and I love watching her dance. She has the dancers body and she loves to move and she picks things up quickly. She is so so cute on the dance floor. I love seeing my daughter love something that I loved when I was growing up.
Random facts about Campbell -- she still isn't much of an eater, but loves all things breakfast, like cold cereal and yogurt drinks and go-gurts and eggs and waffles. She eats a bread and Nutella sandwhich or Mac and Cheese every day for lunch. She rarely eats dinner, telling us she doesn't like whatever we are having. But she seems to make up for it with all the breakfast she eats the next morning. She loves to watch movies almost as much as she loves to read books. Current favorites are Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University. She LOVED Frozen and sings the songs and watches clips on YouTube whenever we will let her. She still talks about marrying Chase, but loves her buddy Daniel who is in her church and school class. I'm still her favorite person in the world, and she has been known to run down the street after me when I leave the house without her. It is a little sad, but I have to admit that I love being so loved by the cutest little 5-year-old in town.
We love our sweet Campbell to the moon and back and are so very grateful she is in our family. Happy Birthday, Campbell Caroline.




















1 comment:
I can't believe she's 5!! Such a beautiful girl!
Post a Comment