Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brownie Camp -- YMCA of the Rockies

Elle and I got to spend some quality time together this past weekend.  Her Brownie troop had a "campout" up near Estes Park at the YMCA facility, and I was lucky enough to go with her.  We really had a great time together, and were so glad that Babette and Heidi Hansen let us bum around with them the entire time.

Activities included:



 Tye-Dyeing in the Craft Center

 Meals in the Cafeteria


 A guided hike to look for beavers.



 Elle's first experience with fishing.  I'm not convinced there were any fish in the pond, but she still loved it!





 Games, campfire songs, and smores.

Swimming.

And last, but certainly not least, horseback riding.




Really, how many pictures of the back of Elle's horse can I post?

We had such a great time.  I loved getting that great one-on-one time with Elle.  We packed a whole lot of fun into a little more than 24 hours, and I can't wait to do it with her again next year.

No comments: