Saturday, October 30, 2010

Painting

We will go months without pulling out the paints or playdough, but these last couple of weeks the kids have asked to paint and/or do playdough every day.  I guess being home together ALL DAY LONG for two weeks has made the kids feel like they need a creative outlet.
We usually do watercolors, but one day I got daring and pulled out some tempura paints.  It was a fun change.
DSC_0103 DSC_0098 DSC_0099 DSC_0100 DSC_0101
Campbell got pretty messy, so I took her upstairs to strip her down and get her in the bath.  I came back down to check on Reagan, who I left finishing up her second painting, and found that she wasn’t at the table anymore, and her painting was nowhere to be found.  I located Reagan, and asked her where her painting was.  She responded very matter-of-factly, “It’s in the fridge drying.”  Sure enough. . . . .
DSC_0104
Pretty funny. 

1 comment:

rebecca allen said...

It is fun to see the children all painting together. And Reagan's creativity extends far beyond artistic creativity. What a great place to let your art work dry quickly and safely.