Friday, June 18, 2010

Bennett’s Last Day of Kindergarten

Today was Bennett’s final day of his first year of formal schooling.
They played at the park:
P1000968  P1000967
I LOVE that Campbell is looking adoringly at her big brother.
Group shot of the class and Ms. Debbie (Can you spot Reagan?):
P1000972
Back in class, Ms. Debbie did her “Big Cheese” and showed the kids pictures of her growing up and recent family pictures.  Very fun.
P1000976
Then Bennett presented Ms. Debbie with the class gift:
P1000984
Bennett said to me last night, “Mom, I have some good news and some bad news.  The good news is that after tomorrow I am going to be a First-Grader.  The bad news is that I’m going to miss Ms. Debbie.”  Sure loved Ms. Debbie for both Elle and Bennett.
Here is a cute picture of Bennett and his betrothed, Addie on their first day of Kindergarten (July 2009):
DSC_1887
And here they are on their last day of Kindergarten (June 2010):
P1000966
When Bennett left Ms. Debbie’s class today, he yelled, “Woo Hoo!  I’m a First-Grader!”  He’s just a bit excited to be moving on.  And I’m excited for him as well.

2 comments:

rebecca allen said...

Congratulations to Bennett on graduating from Kindergarten. I am glad he and Ellery have loved their teachers so far. I love the pictures of Campbell and Reagan, too. Grandpa loved that Bennett was wearing his SF cap.

rebecca allen said...

I am so happy that Bennett has a wonderful year at Kindergarten. It is great that he and Ellery both have loved their teachers. I love seeing the difference in Bennett and his betrothed from the first day to the last. They have grown up in just a year. I love seeing Reagan as part of the class and Campbell's sweet adoring look at her brother is lovely. On to first grade.