Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

My family was very good to me this weekend.  But the best present of all may have been from Campbell.  A week shy of her 16-month mark, she has finally decided to walk.
DSC_0319
DSC_0320

DSC_0324
DSC_0326
I spent a lot of church today walking the halls with Campbell while she practiced her walking.
I didn’t even mind!
(And yes, Grandma Allen happened to be here for Campbell’s first walk across the living room.  She flew in on Friday afternoon for a surprise Mother’s Day/early birthday visit.  She only got to stay for 24 hours, but that was a pretty great present as well.  Sure love her.)
Here are a couple of pictures of me and the kids, and our whole family on Mother’s Day 2010.
DSC_0335
DSC_0337
DSC_0346
Yes, Reagan is holding a cinnamon roll.  And Bennett looks like he doesn’t have a body.  But we are all happy and healthy and love each other, and that is what is important, right?
Hope all the lovely ladies in my life felt loved today as well.  Happy Mother’s Day!

9 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

Yeah for Reagan! What a great gift....just in time for summer! You look darling! What a cute family you have!

Kara said...

Way to go, Campbell! Just in time for nursery. Now the other kids won't try to pick you up and play with you like one of the dolls :)

Margaret said...

Cuteness!

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Those pictures of you all in pink and white made me tear up a little. It's the picture of motherhood. Happy 30th!

Jen and Daz said...

I love that your mom was there to experience Campbell's big walk! I love her expressions in all the photos...you have an incredilbe mom! Your family is growing up so quickly - they are all darling! Glad to hear that all is well with you and your family! Happy birthday!!!

Sarah S said...

P.S. - Congrats on Campbell's walking!!

Sarah S said...

Rach!! I totally meant to send you a card for your birthday last week, but it was the week from hell and I didn't get to it :) Happy belated birthday - I was thinking of you!

I love the pictures on this post - your dress is so pretty and your comments about the family photo made me smile.

rebecca allen said...

It was so fun to be part of the surprise at your surprise birthday party! The girls (including you) look so lovely in their pink and white Mother's Day outfits. I am glad Campbell figured out the walking thing and hope she doesn't suffer too many bumps and bruises while she is mastering it. We are still looking forward to getting our copy of the birthday DVD. Dad keeps asking about it. Love ya!

Beckie Smith said...

Rachel,
I loved catching up on your blog! It makes me miss you and Colorado. Your family is beautiful and you do such a wonderful job blogging and recording family memories! Happy late birthday. I will call you this summer. Beckie