Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We Went to Utah

The kids are off track, so I took them to Utah for the first week of February.  Yes, we were in Utah for a few days in the months of November, December, January, and February.  We can’t stay away.
In October we found flights with Southwest for $25 each way, so the kids and I flew.  I figured I could do anything for one hour, even fly on a airplane with my four kids by myself.  We survived.
P1000597 P1000596
We did a lot of fun things while we were there.  In fact, on the last day Ellery proclaimed that this trip was our best trip to Utah ever.  I don’t know if I would go that far, but we did have fun.
We made our customary visit to the Yarns house in Provo.  Great-Grandpa Yarn has been in hospitals and rehab centers since Christmas Eve, so the kids didn’t get to see him, but loved visiting Great-Grandma and eating some of her pink and white frosted animal cookies.
P1000605 P1000600 P1000602 P1000604P1000603 
Matt and Em ended up coming in to town for a few of the days for a funeral.  Although the circumstances of their visit were sad, I was very grateful to have an opportunity to see them.  Those are few and far between these days.
P1000611 P1000613
Justin and Lisa had us over for a delicious dinner on Monday night.  Have I ever mentioned that Lisa is an amazing cook? 
P1000616
I met up with my friends Sara and Melissa for lunch at Jason’s Deli on Tuesday.  We brought all of the kids along so we could hit up the Discovery Gateway afterwards, so we didn’t get to visit nearly as much as I would have liked to.  But it was still great to see them.  I am keeping the dream alive of having a roommate reunion at some point.  Maybe next year?
P1000620 (2)
P1000622 P1000618 P1000619
We had a great time at Discovery Gateway.  I think Grandma and Lisa have definitely gotten their money out of their membership there.
P1000639 P1000623 P1000624 P1000625 P1000627 P1000635
We got to play at Aunt Joanna’s house for a little while on Wednesday.  She is a lot of fun.
P1000642
We visited Grammie and Grandpa for a little while on Wednesday as well.  Then Grandpa took us to dinner at McDonald’s.  We had a lot of fun with him there.
P1000645 
Since Thursday was our last day, we let Ellery make our big plans.  They included lunch at Winger’s:
P1000646
Playing at Grandma’s church in the nursery, which I have decided is a genius idea.  It is a neutral location where we don’t have to worry about the kids destroying either my mom’s house or Lisa’s house, and the kids love having access to toys they don’t normally get to play with. 
And then we had dessert at Yogurt Stop.  We let the kids top their own yogurts.  We ended up with some fascinating combinations, but everything was eaten.
P1000657 P1000653 P1000656P1000655 
Poor Campbell got a nasty eye infection on the trip.
P1000649
And then Siena got it from Campbell.  We wanted to leave them something to remember our visit by.
The flight home was easier because my mom flew back to Denver with us to stay the weekend and celebrate Reagan’s birthday. 
P1000659 P1000660 P1000662 P1000664 P1000658
All in all, another great visit to the Beehive State.  Thanks to everyone who made the trip possible and fun.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like fun. Good job with all 4 kids on a plane. That isn't easy. Love you!

Lisa Allen said...

It was so fun to spend time with you and your cute kids, as always. Hope Campbell's eyes are all better now... Siena's cleared up in just a couple of days, so she was no worse for the wear :) Can't wait until your next visit!

emily ballard said...

I cannot believe you flew with all four kids!

We'll try not to get sick so we can see you next time. Are you coming back in March??