I never did a 7- month old post, but she turned 7-months right before my parents come to visit last month, so she looked a lot like this at 7-months:
At 8-months, Campbell Caroline looks like this:
What Campbell is up to now:
She rolls, scooches, twists, and turns to get where and what she wants, and has just started pulling up on her knees, but I imagine it will be a while before she is crawling.
She hates putting weight on her feet. If I try to get her to stand in my lap, she just leaves her legs limp. I don’t imagine she’ll be an early walker.
She is a great sitter. She must have a strong little flat bum, because she can sit with her legs straight out in front of her, which is cute. She sits and sits and sits and sits, so the back of her head isn’t flat at all.
She does a really cute little shoulder shimmy when she is excited or wants some attention. I wish I had a digital video recorder so I could prove it, but it is super cute to her sitting, legs straight out in front of her, and her moving her little shoulders side to side, back and forth really quickly.
Her hair is really coming in. It isn’t super blond, but I think it is lighter than Reagan’s. I still think she is just a mini-Ellery.
She squeals and shrieks and grunts – she likes to make noise. Not a lot of babbling yet – just lots of sounds.
She is doing great with her solids. She is eating fruit and baby cereal in the morning, and veggies and baby cereal in the evenings, and nursing 5 times a day.
She was sleeping through the night. . . . .until our trip. The past week and a half have been hard. I hope to get her back sleeping through the night soon. But when she wakes up crying in the middle of the night, the easiest thing is to just pull her into bed with me (or have Sam bring her to me). And right now I am all for easy. She’ll just re-train herself to sleep through the night again, right?
She continues to be the most popular person in the family. Bennett could not dote on her more – to the point of annoyance. He is always in her face, kissing her, playing with her, wanting to be with her whenever she is awake. But Elle is jealous. Yesterday she asked me if she and Bennett could switch rooms and said, “I don’t think he’ll mind the pink.” I asked why she wanted to switch, and her response was, “Because Bennett says Campbell is all his, and I want a turn sharing a room with her.” If we continue to live in this house and procreate, Elle will get a turn sharing a room with Campbell. . . .and Reagan. . . .and maybe even Bennett too.

9 comments:
She is simply beautiful.
SO cute! Rachel you should have lots more because you make them cute AND because you seem to handle it all with grace. Love you!
She is so lovely! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks again.
Kenny is still a novelty at out house, but no one wants to share his room because he is too loud. Time goes by so fast.
Those are great pictures, Rach. Did you take them yourself? She has a smile that lights up her whole face :)
She is so beautiful!
What a darling girl!! I love those photos. And it's fun reading about what other babies are doing/interested in at the same age. Charlie hasn't been great at night either lately - I keep blaming it on his teething, but his one and only tooth came in two weeks ago, and I keep waiting for that second bottom tooth to come so we can hopefully get back to sleeping longer at night. My current problem is that even if I try to let him cry himself back to sleep, he usually pulls up standing at the crib and is too tired to fall back down, so he cries and cries and cries... it's very sad.
But I just love this age, when they have some darling chub and happy smiles. I hope you get more sleep soon!
So cute, Rachel. I can't believe how big our "little" girls are getting. Danica is definitely the most popular at our house too. Tanner, my oldest, is constantly kissing on her and cooing at her. Annoying? Yes. Cute? Yes to that too. :)
I love those pics Rach.... you are becoming quite the photographer and of coarse she is beautiful!
Post a Comment