- New carpet. When we first walked through our home 2 1/2 years ago, the carpet was the first thing we wanted to replace. Now, 2 and 1/2 years later, we finally did it. I LOVE it. It is such an improvement over what we had – it is plush, the color of dirt, flecked, and should hide the evidences of my children well. But let’s be honest – anything would have been an improvement.
- Campbell sitting in her Bumbo. So cute to see her in the upright position, studying her hands, and watching her siblings. And nice to get her off of her back, which how she spends a lot of her days.
- Reagan’s new speech teacher. We had to make a switch last month because her old speech teacher moved. I am loving Amy. Reagan has made so much improvement just in the two times they have worked together. She is so knowledgeable, so creative, and handles Reagan's temperment very well. I think this will be a very good thing.
-Reagan and Ellery are now sharing a bed, and it is going well. Since we had to move all the furniture when we replaced the carpet, we rearranged things in the kids rooms when we put things back. The full-size bed is now back in Elle’s room, and Reagan and Elle have slept together in it the past two nights. They have stayed in bed all night, and nap time has been fine too. Seems like it will be a smooth transition.
-Bennett is so excited about his “new room.” He now has the twin-size bed back, and we have it up against the wall so he has a lot more room to play on his floor. He has always loved to go up in his room and play with his toys, so this will be a great thing, I’m sure. And he is excited to have the crib in his room now, and anxious for us to start putting Campbell in it. I am afraid that is still a little ways off, since her sleeping through the night was apparently a Mother’s Day surprise and nothing more. But I am so glad that he is excited to share a room. It has always made him a little sad that Elle and Reagan shared and he was alone.
-Our grass is greening up nicely. I had my doubts, after our very dry winter, and the fact that we turned our sprinklers off last Fall, and then it was still in the 80s for weeks afterwards. But grass is pretty resilient, thank goodness.
-Sam spending an hour last night killing knats for me. He got home from the church late last night, and I’m sure he just wanted to relax. But soon after he got home, I noticed that we had knats flying all over in one corner of the family room. I had the windows open, and they had gotten in through the screen, and were hovering around the lamp. Sam got the fly swatter, and went to town on them, while I wiped up their dead bodies. Not exactly how I wanted to spend the evening, but it was cute to see him standing on the arms of the sofa and chair, killing as many knats as he could. I appreciate him taking one for the team.

8 comments:
And it's your birthday! happy birthday! I hope you do something fun with your beautiful family!!
Rachel, congrats on the new carpet! It makes a huge difference when you have nice dark colored carpet- as you said, to hide any evidence of children at play :) Whoever thought it was a great idea to put white (or off-white) carpet in family homes was insane! That is one of our favorite parts of this house- the lovely carpet we installed a few years ago! It has held up really well and handles the ins and outs of scout groups and activity day groups and all kinds of friends, neighbors, family, very well!
Happy Birthday! I don't think there could be any better present for a mom of young children than new carpet.
What? No pictures? But I'm glad you have so many happy things to report on your birthday :)
You deserve to be made happy every day. I can't wait to see the new carpet and the children's new sleeping arrangements and the green grass. I'm so glad things are going so well with the new speech teacher. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and this year will be the best! I love you!
Happy Birthday Rachel! Hooray for all of those happy things. I can't wait to see a picture of your new carpet!
I am glad you had many things to make you happy on such a great day. I love the carpet. I love that you now have Amy my favorite speech therapist, and I am so happy rooms are organized and being loved.
Getting something new in a house is the best thing. I love rearranging rooms and adding new touches. Can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment