Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

Sam worked most of Christmas Eve. The kids and I spent the morning doing last-minute deliveries and visits. In the afternoon, while Reagan was sleeping, Elle and Bennett and I made gingerbread stars to add to our Christmas tree.



The kids also wanted to make and decorate gingerbread men for Santa. We have never done anything like this in the past, and it was purely Ellery and Bennett's idea. As they get older, they are getting more and more into the idea of Santa. It was interesting (and fun) this year to see how excited they were about Santa coming to our house.


When it was time for bed, Elle put out the cookies with a picture she had drawn for Santa of his elves. Bennett came running from the kitchen with a large bag of baby carrots, insisting the reindeer would need something as well. Thus, we ended up with our final spread for our late-night visitors.




I tried to get a cute picture of the kids in their Christmas jammies, without much luck. First I tried with the flash, and didn't like the lighting:

Then we tried no flash, but Reagan wouldn't sit still long enough for that to work:

Which took us back to the flash and the poor lighting:

Once I got a decent one, the kids insisted on some silly ones:


Then it was off to bed!

***A shout-out to Aunt Lisa for the darling jammies. If it weren't for her, my kids most likely wouldn't have matching jammies for Christmas Eve. Have I ever mentioned how lucky we are to have Lisa for an aunt/sister-in-law? I used to try to compete with her utter thoughtfulness and generosity. Now I just try to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

how fun!! you kidos are so flippen darling!!

Lisa Allen said...

You are so nice, Rachel-- I actually originally got those pjs with high hopes that we would all be together for Christmas and the cousins could be matching... oh well, maybe next year! The pictures of the kids are darling!

Margaret said...

Love the jammies! Reagan is getting SO big! How is that possible? She is not going to be your baby for long.

Merry Christmas to some of my favoritess people!