Friday we had our neighborhood moms and kids over to decorate Christmas cookies. This is a little tradition we started last year, and I hope to continue for many years to come. Last year, it was really only Emma and Bennett and Elle who were old enough to get in on the decorating. This year we had the original three, and Evan and Reagan and Taylor at the table as well. And Liv sat in Reagan's seat and tried to join in also! It was a fun afternoon.
Saturday, Bennett participated in his preschool Christmas program. He was a Fireman/Firetruck, knew his part well, and spoke clearly and slowly into the microphone. We were so proud -- he is growing up into a very cute little boy. I had my doubts during the 18-months to 4 years-old stage.

Santa made his traditional stop at the end of the program. He is such a skinny Santa (Sam turned to me and said, "How do the kids not see through this charade?" It is such a good question), but very nice. Bennett enjoyed sitting on his lap, and had no shortage of things to ask for.

Elle waited patiently for a turn, once all the preschool kids were finished. She, unlike Bennett, really doesn't have that much that she wants for Christmas. I think she had a harder time thinking of things.
Reagan wanted nothing to do with the skinny Santa. I had Sam take of picture of me holding Reagan next to Santa, so we have some documentation that Reagan had the opportunity to be by Santa the Christmas of 2008.

Saturday afternoon, our wonderful Hometeachers came over for their December visit. They brought real gingerbread sheets for us to make a gingerbread house with them -- four walls, two pieces for the roof, a chimney stack, and little trees and gingerbread men. We spent about an hour assembling and decorating our masterpiece. It was a really fun activity, and most likely the only time in my childrens lives where they will make a gingerbread house out of anything but a kit. We have great Hometeachers, don't you think?
Last night I had my 2nd Annual Christmas Party/White Elephant Exchange with ladies from my ward. I think everyone had a good time. Tomorrow Elle is the Big Cheese at school, so today we are working madly on her poster, journal, and treats. And then Saturday is her birthday party. Once I have that behind me, I can focus on Christmas. Things aren't slowing down around here any time soon. What a fun, but crazy, time of year.

7 comments:
SO fun to see what you are up to. Your kids are lucky to have such a good mom who hosts parties for them.
Brooke and I are hosting the Bingo Night at my house tomorrow. We are excited! Post pictures of yours!
Oh and I don't remember if I knew you were having a boy. I just saw it in the sidebar. Congrats.
We love the Christmas card we got from you. It's prominently displayed on our wall.
Love you!
Margaret
Cute white sweater, rach.
I don't know how you do all this, being 7 (or is it 8?) months pregnant! You are seriously a Super-mom.
You are the queen of partying. I love how you always bring people together and create fun and memories. I wish I could have seen Bennett's program and I wish I could have been there for Elle's special day at school and her party tomorrow. What's this about you having a boy?
Yeah, I saw a Santa last night who was actually a woman, and I thought - really? How do the kids not know?
How fun that your home teachers made a gingerbread house with you guys. Fun idea!
Super woman! We love parties at your house!
Rach,
you are almost there, just a couple more things on the list. I hope the party went well. I don't know how you find time to blog, seriously, I am like 16 posts behind.
Post a Comment