Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin FHE

We, like many other families I imagine, used FHE on Monday night to carve our pumpkins. We ate a Jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner. I found a cute lesson that related carving pumpkins to service, using the scripture found in Doctrine and Covenants 4:2. We carved our pumpkins (one for Bennett -- he wanted to carve the smallest one; and one for Ellery -- she wanted to carve the biggest one). And then we ate a few different pumpkin sweets for dessert. I love holidays -- they give us so many opportunities to create fun memories for the kids and establish some neat family traditions.


Elle's finished product.

And Bennett's.

Elle's pumpkin took a bit longer to clean out than Bennett's, but she insisted on doing it all on her own.

We kept Reagan out of the pumpkin mess with the help of some playdough.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That's smart with the playdough. Too bad I banned it from our home. I'm mean like that.

Cute pumpkins!

Winnie said...

Your kids will always remember how much fun things you did together as a family.

Sam, carving pumpkins in a dress shirt and slacks? Really?

Lisa Allen said...

Don't you just love Halloween? I think it's awesome that Elle did hers all by herself :)

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

How fun... your pumkins look great... and is Sam really wearing slacks?? He can't even change when he gets home?? funny. reagen is getting so old... she is adorable... your whole fam is :)

rebecca allen said...

What a fun FHE. The results are great. Reagan looks like she's having a great time, too.