Thursday, January 31, 2008

Go Mitt!


I care WAY TOO MUCH about the upcoming election. I don't want to care. I already have too many things in my life to worry about, care about, that can and sometimes do cause heartbreak. I told myself for months that Mitt didn't have a chance. That there was no point in following his doomed campaign. I tried really hard to not pay attention to all the Mormon bashing, knowing it would just upset me and that there was little if anything I could do about it. But then I let myself begin to hope. I mean, afterall, he did have the most delegates going into Florida. Many polls showed him with a slight lead over McCain. And then the day before the Florida primary, a poll came out that even gave me a slight lead over McCain nationally! "Okay, I guess he does have a chance. He will win Florida, pick up so much momentum going into Super Tuesday, and he can do this. He will win the Republican nomination." Then Florida happened. I know that it really is impressive that he did as well as he did in Florida. Mitt had zero name recognition in Florida when he started out there, as opposed to McCain who ran 8 years ago. So the fact that he got 31% of the vote compared to McCain's 36% is really impressive. But not good enough. Now everyone and their dog is backing McCan, which is making me sick. Can they really believe that McCain is the better candidate? I just refuse to believe that. Super Tuesday is HUGE for Mitt. Please, please find out where your caucus/primary is, and go out on Tuesday and support Mitt. Sam and I actually have different caucus sites (he is registered under our apartment address, and I am registered under our house address, so we are in different precints), so he is going to take Bennett, and I am going to take the girls. On Sunday the paper here said Mitt was leading McCain with 40% of the vote. Of course that was before Florida, and before all of these new endorsements for McCain. I am cautiously optimistic that he will win here, and many other Tuesday states as well. He has to. I care too much. I have fully set myself up for heartbreak and disappointment. But it is too late now. I am fully-invested. Go Mitt!

3 comments:

Sam said...

I can't believe this blog has become political.

Margaret said...

Amen sista!

Catherine said...

I had no idea Colorado did their voting this way for the primary until yesterday. Wesley and I were patiently waiting for an absentee ballot since we will both be out of town. Oh well, I guess.