Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Snow Girl

Ellery loves the snow. I do not. The second Elle woke up on Sunday and saw it was snowing, she asked to go out and play in it. Thank goodness I had the whole "Sabbath Day" excuse to put it off. I am glad she likes the snow and wants to play in it, but it is so much work putting her in her coat and snow pants and gloves and boots and hat and scarf, and a lot of the time she only wants to stay out for a few minutes after 30 minutes of prep. So I sort of dread the whole thing. Anyway, the first thing Monday morning, she asked to go out and play. But she had school, so I told her she could play in the snow after she got home. Sure enough, she walked in the door after school and asked me to get her boots and coat. After we got her all dressed, she played in the backyard independently for 20 or so minutes (she mostly just ate snow). Then she asked me if I would come and build a snowman with her. I must admit I resisted. I just don't think anything that involves being wet and cold is very fun. But then I relented, and met her in the front yard where I could mostly just stand on the driveway, and we built our first of what I imagine will be many snowmen built this season. Oh, how I love my little snow girl.


4 comments:

Lisa Allen said...

Looks like fun! Although, I'm the same as you, so I'm glad we haven't had any snow yet...

Margaret said...

Cute!

Sarah S said...

I love the feminine touch to the traditional snowman - it's all in the accessories! :)

rebecca allen said...

What a wonderful snowwoman. You and Ellery did a great job. Way to go, Mom.