Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bennett's New Favorite Outfit


I have already mentioned that Bennett loves his Team Nick shirt. Well, he has decided to pair it with some maroon and tan and navy blue madras shorts, and wants to wear this outfit every day. I have been successful in hiding the Team Nick shirt from him some of the time, but he wears it at least two or three times a week. And almost always with the madras shorts. Two years ago, and probably even a year ago, I would not have been caught dead going out in public with Bennett in an outfit like this. I used to worry so much about how the kids looked when we went out. Well, Saturday night when we went out to dinner with Wood and Susan, Bennett was wearing his new favorite outfit, and I didn't give it a second thought. In fact, at one point Susan made mention of how funny/cute he looked in his outfit, and it was the first time I even really thought about how he must look to other people. When Ellery was Reagan's age, I never left the house without her in shoes and socks and a bow in her hair and a matching blanket and burp cloth. Now, I am just happy if all three of my kids are wearing clothes and shoes! Boy, how I have mellowed out.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Maybe Bennett misses Eugene?! Ha Ha. I know what you mean about 3 kids mellowing you out. I'm with you sista! So fun to hear how you guys are doing.

Caroline said...

I remember Sam went through a similar phase... I don't think tie dye was involved but I know richard nixon and elvis where.

Caroline said...

grammatical error! I know it's "were" not "where". I just found out my mom views this blog regularly...