Monday was the first day of Bennett's preschool, and it was at our house. Bennett was a bit disappointed that his "school" was at our house, but I assured him that after this one time, he would get to go to all of his friends houses for school, and he seemed okay with that. We have six little kids in the group, including Bennett, which is more than I thought I wanted, but they are all such cute kids, and hey, now that I have my turn out of the way, I don't have preschool here again until October 29th, which sounds great to me. We are doing this much more low-key than we did Elle's, including only one day a week instead of two, and only two hours instead of three. I think it will be great. For our first day, we learned about the letter A. The kids all shared their letter A pages, and then we talked about apples. After reading about Johnny Appleseed (who knew his real name was Jonathan Chapman) and finger painting a picture of an apple tree (finger painting may have been a bit ambitious for day one with six three-year-olds, but oh well), we had snack time, where the kids got to taste-test five different types of apples. That was followed with applesauce and apple juice boxes. Bennett was a little sick in the tummy after school, and I hope I didn't get all the kids sick with way too much apple consumption. It seemed like such a cute idea at the time. My kitchen table isn't big enough for all six of them, and I wasn't about to use the dining room, so we brought up Elle's princess table and chairs from the basement, and took turns having two of the kids sit there. During snack it was the boys turn for the princess table, and they were just as excited to have their turn there as the girls had been! Notice Bennett's Team Nick shirt. He has asked to wear it every day since the big walk. I told him this morning that he couldn't wear it because it was in the wash (true), and am hoping he will forget about it. I am fine with him wearing it once a week, but I have to admit that the tie-dye brings back memories of some crazy people in Eugene, and I never really thought that my children would wear tie-dye. Oh well. We do a lot of things I never thought we'd do!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Bennett's First Day of Preschool
Monday was the first day of Bennett's preschool, and it was at our house. Bennett was a bit disappointed that his "school" was at our house, but I assured him that after this one time, he would get to go to all of his friends houses for school, and he seemed okay with that. We have six little kids in the group, including Bennett, which is more than I thought I wanted, but they are all such cute kids, and hey, now that I have my turn out of the way, I don't have preschool here again until October 29th, which sounds great to me. We are doing this much more low-key than we did Elle's, including only one day a week instead of two, and only two hours instead of three. I think it will be great. For our first day, we learned about the letter A. The kids all shared their letter A pages, and then we talked about apples. After reading about Johnny Appleseed (who knew his real name was Jonathan Chapman) and finger painting a picture of an apple tree (finger painting may have been a bit ambitious for day one with six three-year-olds, but oh well), we had snack time, where the kids got to taste-test five different types of apples. That was followed with applesauce and apple juice boxes. Bennett was a little sick in the tummy after school, and I hope I didn't get all the kids sick with way too much apple consumption. It seemed like such a cute idea at the time. My kitchen table isn't big enough for all six of them, and I wasn't about to use the dining room, so we brought up Elle's princess table and chairs from the basement, and took turns having two of the kids sit there. During snack it was the boys turn for the princess table, and they were just as excited to have their turn there as the girls had been! Notice Bennett's Team Nick shirt. He has asked to wear it every day since the big walk. I told him this morning that he couldn't wear it because it was in the wash (true), and am hoping he will forget about it. I am fine with him wearing it once a week, but I have to admit that the tie-dye brings back memories of some crazy people in Eugene, and I never really thought that my children would wear tie-dye. Oh well. We do a lot of things I never thought we'd do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey I hope I am not one of those crazy people from Eugene that you were talking about. HA Ha. You are such a good mom! You never cease to amaze me with all you do! You go girl!
Love you!
Margaret
Post a Comment